Wednesday, January 13, 2016

One slice of banana bread with maple butter syrup to go, please!

So here I am with the recipe of my, in the mean time, famous banana bread. I had my first slice of banana bread only last summer in Berlin, over at Silo (amazing coffeehouse btw) and I fell in love immediately. I had my doubts about bananas in baking, for me bananas where for eating, smoothies and ice-cream. You didn't use bananas in baking, for real. But I gave it a try and ever since I made different versions and settled with this one as my signature banana bread. And because so many of you have been asking for its recipe I decided to write it down. I added my favourite homemade syrup as a plus. Pour this over any breakfast and you have an instant party. Or throw your apples in it and let them cook for 3 minutes, pour over oats and pretend you're in oats heaven. Have fun with this one!






Ingredients:

Banana bread
4 ripe bananas
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup sunflower oil
1 tsp gingerbread spices (cinnamon, ginger, turmeric,...) 1 tsp vanilla 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 apple
1 tbsp (or more) seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, ...)
1 tbsp crushed walnuts

Maple butter syrup
1 tbsp vegan butter
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp dark brown sugar





Method:

Banana bread
Mash the bananas and the brown sugar. Don't over mash, it's okay if it's a bit chunky. Add sunflower oil, spices and vanilla and stir until well combined.
Add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Combine until you get a nice dough.
Peel the apple and cut it in squares. Add to dough together with the nuts and seeds.
Pour the dough in a cake shape and bake it for 50 minutes in 180° oven.


Maple butter syrup
Let the butter melt on a low heat. Add maple and sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.


No comments:

Post a Comment