Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I went to Berlin and I ate...

A few weeks ago I took a trip to Berlin, 'the vegan capital of Europe'. If there is one non-food related advice I can give you , it's this: rent a bike. Berlin is the perfect city to ride around and look at things. I'm not going all tourist guide on you however, my main focus here is food. If you want some other Berlin tips, feel free to leave a comment below!


1.Silo

Coffee bars with pretty interiors are my weak spot. And if they serve this delicious vegan banana bread for breakfast, I'm hooked. We even went back a second time for breakfast and their amazing coffee.



Silo Coffee
Gabriel-Max-Str. 4
10245 Berlin



2. The Bowl

Above Veganz (a vegan supermarket) you find The Bowl, a clean-eating and all vegan restaurant. And as it's name suggests, they serve their food in bowls. We went for breakfast (my other weak spot) and I had a smoothie bowl, a raw pie and of course, a bowl of coffee.



The Bowl
Warschauer Str. 33
10243 Berlin


3. Café Morgenrot

Last, but not the least, breakfast place, Café Morgenrot. This nice café serves you 'eggs' for breakfast and oats with fresh fruits, my favourite. And during weekends, the even have a breakfast buffet!



Café Morgenrot
Kastanienallee 85
10435 Berlin


4. Chaostheorie

Chaostheorie is a vegan cocktailbar that serves burgers and nachos. And sandwiches with bolognese sauce and nachos. I died and went to fastfood heaven I think.


Chaostheorie
Lychener Str.
10437 Berlin


5. Cookies Cream

This is a vegetarian, fine dining restaurant, but if you send them an email and let them know you're coming, they'll fix you up with something vegan. This three course meal, with perfect presentation, was Delicious (with capital D). A bit more expensive, but worth every euro.



Cookies Cream
Behrenstr. 55
10117 Berlin


6. Sfizy Veg

Gorgonzola, vegan? Yes it is possible! At Sfizy Veg you can have pizza or pasta with vegan cheese that is homemade. I had a pasta with ricotta and my boyfriend had the gorgonzola pizza. Next time we're in Berlin, we're definitely coming back for more.



Sfizy Veg
Treptower Str. 95
12059 Berlin


These six are my recommendations for a Berlin vegan food trip. If however, you know some place I should visit next time I'm in Berlin, feel free to leave them in the comments section.

4 comments:

  1. Merci voor de tips! Ik heb ondertussen al een uit de hand gelopen evernote-notitie met alle adresjes in Berlijn die ik tegenkom op blogs. Hoog tijd dat ik er eens naar toe trek!

    Dingen die heel vaak terug komen: Oh la la (ontbijt, brunch en gebakjes), Mos Eisley (ijs) en Let it Be (burgers).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh la la stond op de 'te bezoeken lijst', maar heeft het om de een of andere reden niet gehaald. Ik noteer wel de burgers!

      Delete
  2. Did you try the Tresor at Chaostheorie ? If not, go back immediately just for that.

    And you should try the brunch at Viasko too. It's the best brunch in Berlin according to the locals.

    ReplyDelete