Thursday, July 30, 2015

Rocket Salad Pesto

I had sown rucola a few weeks ago, also known as rocket salad, unknowing that I would end up with way more than I could ever eat. So I started experimenting in my kitchen. This pesto is so easy to make and tastes best when served with zucchini pasta. It has quite a bitter taste though. So I suggest that if you're not all that into bitter flavours, you could always add some agave or rice sirup. Enjoy!





Ingredients:
200 g Rocket Salad (Rucola)
A handful of pine nuts
1 clove of garlic
1,5 tbsp nutritional yeast
Olive oil
Black pepper



Method:
Put Rocket Salad, pine nuts, nutritional yeast, garlic and black pepper in a food processor (or a blender or a mixer). While processing add olive oil until you reached the desired consistency. I like my pesto less greasy, my boyfriend likes it when there's olive oil all over. So the amount of olive oil i totally up to you.

As said before, I serve this pesto with a zucchini pasta. And mostly as a side dish for the bbq.

No comments:

Post a Comment