Saturday, May 16, 2015

Cinnamon Rolls

Cinnamon is usually linked with autumn and those first really cold nights. However, spring mornings can just be as cold and dreary as autumn morning. So it's okay if you still serve cinnamon for breakfast in May.







It was the first time I made these rolls and must admit that I did well. I'm not the biggest cinnamon roll fan but this batch didn't make it 'til the next day. I must admit that I do own a kitchen aid. It's an expensive thing to buy but it's worth it's money. So whenever I use the terms knead and whisk, know that my kitchen aid did this for me. Sorry! So here's the recipe, hope you enjoy it!




Ingredients:
1 package dry yeast
1 cup of milk, I used rice milk but I think oat milk would turn out great as well
6 tablespoons of butter, I used Alpro's butter
3 cups of flour
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of cardamom
2 tablespoons + 1/2 cup of brown sugar


Warm up your favourite 'milk' together with your favourite 'butter' 'til it peaces a temperature of 45°. Add the yeast and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. Put this aside for about 10 minutes.
Whisk the flour and 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom. Gently add the milk and knead 'till you get a firm dough. Let this rest for about an hour in a warm place (I put mine on the heater) with a towel over it.
Preheat the oven for 180°.
In a pan, melt the other 3 tablespoons of 'butter', put aside. Mix 1/2 cup of brown sugar with the cinnamon and the rest of the cardamom. Roll out the dough as thin as possible and preferably in a square shaped form. With a brush, spread the butter on the dough, leave a bit of butter for later. Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture on top.
Roll up the dough and cut off slices from about 2 cm range. Put your slices on a greased baking tray, spread the reaming butter on top and finish by sprinkling some brown sugar over your rolls
Bake the rolls for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.







This recipe is adapted from The Veggie Snackshack.

No comments:

Post a Comment