Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Soy Pumpkin Spice Latte

Autumn calls for... Pumpkin Spice Lattes!
And not those nasty Starbucks ones with the hidden lactose in them, no no.
I made my own, with my own spice mix and my own syrup.





I made my spice mix using ground cloves, ginger, piment, nutmeg and of course added lots of cinnamon. For my syrup I used this recipe. I made a big amount and store it in glass jars in my fridge.



I have an espresso machine and milk steamer at home so I can easily make soy lattes. I use a local coffee blend by Viva Sara. For my frothed milk I use Alpro's light soy milk. I have used other soy and almond milks and found that the light version gives the best result. Although I would love to get my hands on that soy milk for professional baristas. Whipped cream is also courtesy of Alpro Soya.

After buying my own machine and being able to make my lattes at home I did became more critical towards coffee. So sorry - not sorry to all those I have offended in those few months but making a decent soy latte really isn't that much to ask.


Do you ever make soy lattes at home? And wouldn't it be nice if those pumpkin spice lattes Starbucks serves would be vegan?

No comments:

Post a Comment