Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Let's talk ... deodorant

Once upon a time, I used to walk around with at least one deodorant in my bag. Preferably one of those shiny ones with the synthetic flower smell. You know what I'm talking about. Going vegan has changed a lot in that area. Not only do I tend to sweat less since I threw all animal intake over board, vegan deodorant seems to have the tendency to work better than regular deodorant. Nowadays I stil own two deodorants but that's because I stumbled across them both and was impressed so much that I couldn't decide which one to take home.



I go to work by bike. That means I drive 10 - 15 km before 8.15 in the morning. I'm a teacher, I walk around a classroom all day. I do not need to tell you that I'm an active person, so there are times where deodorant comes in rather handy. I use to stick to spray on deodorants only but after discovering both the Ultekram roller and the Malin+Goetz stick, I completely let go of my resistance towards anything other than a spray.



The first one in my collection is the Urtekram Eucalyptus Roller deodorant. I must admit, this one smell a little bit funny in the package but once it's applied to your skin you literally smell nothing. Half an hour bike ride in 35° outside? No smell, nothing. And no transpiration. Really this stuff is amazing! I already emptied one and immediately bought a new one.



The second one I own is the eucalyptus one by Malin+Goetz. I do have a thing for eucalyptus, don't I? Malin+Goetz is a high-end brand that doesn't test on animals and most of their products are vegan. This one smells amazeballs! Leaving just a little linger of freshness underneath those armpits. Plus, it does the job! No smell after you worked out and still doing that job after 8 hours of working. I love this one a lot.



If you'd ask me to choose between the two, I couldn't do it. I love them both equally and use them both just as much!
The Urtekram is available in most organic stores and the Malin+Goetz is available at Fin Du Jour in Ghent.
What deodorant do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment