Friday, June 13, 2014

How to: Vegan strawberry mousse

When I think about summer, I think about strawberries and strawberry mousse. I picked up this recipe on a family gathering and have sticked to it ever since. It’s a simple, easy to make recipe that lends itself for other varieties. Think about all the fruits you could use for this one.

You’ll need:

-Fresh strawberries (500 g)
-Vegan whipped cream (I used Alpro Soya for this one) (250 ml
-Some sugar (3 teaspoons)

You can make about 6 portions with these ingredients.



Recipe:

First of all you put the strawberries in a blender so you’ll get a smooth, hot pink juice. Then you add the sugar and cream and whip them up till you get a nice and smooth substance. Last of all you add the strawberry juice to the whipped cream and whip up some more.

I do recommend putting the strawberry mousse an hour or two in the fridge before serving.





As I’ve said before, you can make this with practically any fruit that blends nicely into a juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment